Tuesday 8 March 2011

No POM for me this year :(

Since 2002 I've been running POM...but this year, unfortunately I couldn't take part:( Work at the hospital on monday didn't allowed me to run the WRE and during the other days I couldn't take part of the organization because of work too (my club was the organizing team). It seems it was a huge top level orienteering festival.Congratulations to GD4caminhos that did an excelent job!
Well, and around here my training is going quite ok. Besides my weekly 40h of work at the hospital and thursdays 12h work on the ER, I can manage to do 2 good training sessions per week and of course. I overpass some flu, cramp on right leg...and for now everything seems to be ok.
Last weekend I ran a nice orienteering competition - middle distance in the morning and night relay on the evening.In the morning it was very messy and lost so many seconds on several mistakes...luckily I was the one who miss less and got the victory.



At night relay it was great fun!! As the last runner and because my team was a bit too late I had to start on a mass start. I was on the leading group to the first control but after a while on the way to the second control I found myself alone on the dark forest.Everything went well (according to my experince on night orienteering!!) on the dark long 7km with very interesting final part: at the espectators control I was just 20'' bahind the leading group. After two controls on the forest I was able to get the lead but in the end I wasn't enough fast to run 200m on track to beat these men. I was happy and tired. I just love the feeling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment