Wednesday 16 March 2011

Long and wet


And so, last WRE held in Portugal this season was brilliant. Looong, hard and demanding, both technically and physically, great arenas and overall organization. Besides tricky and tough course, the rainy days gave some help and made it even harder, as all the hard, grassy and fast ground become wet, soft and tough. 13,4km, a long leg with about 3,7km easily become the hardest long distance race I ever ran in Portugal. It's a pitty that we don't run so often this races in Portugal and clubs don't plan courses like that.
Personally, I was pretty disappointed with my technical performance as I made a lot of mistakes (around 12 minutes), but physically I felt fine and able to keep a good pace during all the race. Happily I finished 5th and made by best score at a WRE. Map here
A part of the WRE, on saturday it was held a nice middle distance - quite easy on the beggining and tricky on the last part. On the start I was feeling very tired and with a huge headache as I only had 4h of sleep!!! (long journey from Porto to Arraiolos on the night before). During all the race I felt heavy and slow running and my technique wasn't so good as I would like for a middle distance. Map here
Luckily I spent a very nice time during the weekend with my swedish club -SNO. Next goal is Tiomila and I'm really looking forward to run my first race on SNO blue and yellow colours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment