Tuesday 11 January 2011

Let's get it started!

Last weekend portuguese orienteering season started with a nice competition at Coruche. The terrain was soft and nice, perfect to warm up the engine and spice my training motivation.
My brain and legs are still adapting to the «orienteering mode» and I felt some problems during racing, mainly about the speed on the middle distance, lack of confidence when approaching the controls and direction skills.
I feel happy to be back on business ;)

Maps: middle and long
Results middle:
1- Saila Kinni 29:08
2- Kristin Lofgren 33:56
3- Maria Sá 36:04
4- Mariana Moreira 36:23
5-Andreia Silva 39:01
Results long:
1- Saila Kinni 1:01:39
2- Kristin Lofgren 1:10:46
3- Maria Sá 1:11:22
4- Andreia Silva 1:12:21
5- Mariana Moreira 1:13:56

2 comments:

  1. Hey Maria, nice work, those maps look pretty nice! I'm back in Canada and we just got 30cm of snow, so no orienteering for me. :( Lots of skiing though!

    I'm coming back to Europe mid April to go to the Irish Championships, and I'd like to stay in Europe for more orienteering if I can. Are there any good events in Portugal in May?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary ;)
    Welcome to the jungle...

    ReplyDelete